|Customer Service and Sales Support||BRI/SALES||november 27 2019||december 10 2019||Open/Close|
We are looking for a highly motivated customer-focused administrator to join our small dynamic team at TMC Bristol, Europe’s leading supplier of marine fish and invertebrates to the trade.
We are looking for someone whose primary responsibilities will be to cultivate and promote communications between the business and its customers. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team are essential for this central role. This customer centric individual will have a hand on and flexible approach in their work ethic. This is a unique position offering a varied role within a busy workplace. The successful candidate needs to be strong on order processing, outgoing, confident and personable for telephone interactions (not hard-core telesales, but more soft sales and customer service-based calls – chasing up on orders, making people aware of promotions, looking for any opportunities to pass to sales team, ensuring back orders are fulfilled)
Ability and experience using Microsoft publisher to produce promotional material and utilise social networking to increase our e-sales is an advantage. Experience in a B2B environment and Aquatic experience would be preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
• Meeting and greeting customers
• Calling customers regarding sales orders
• Processing orders, taking payments and managing queries
• Producing weekly business reports from our CRM system
• General office administration
• Emailing out deals/new product promotions
• Processing/following up back orders
• After sales support and follow up
• Handling and processing returns
• Assisting in fish house sales and livestock promotions
• Offering any support necessary to warehouse and fish house
Hours of Work Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 7am-4pm.
|PACKING BENCH TEAM MEMBER||CWD/FH||november 27 2019||december 09 2019||Open/Close|
FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CONSIDERED
CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE SITE
Tropical Marine Centre is a world-leading marine livestock wholesaler, one of the largest in Europe, with four sites in the UK, one in Portugal and a service warehouse centre in Germany. We also manufacture and distribute a large range of unique, quality products with several market-leading brands all associated with fish-keeping and animal husbandry. As a company we are passionate about fish-keeping and operate with pride, commitment, expertise and a ‘can do’ attitude in every aspect of this business and our industry.
Our Fish-Houses and staff within them are critical to the daily operations of our Livestock business. You would be working as part of a very busy team in our modern fish holding facilities. General duties include careful packing of marine animals using our bespoke bagging and clipping system. Other duties would include general housekeeping within the Fish-House and ad hoc facility tasks.
Contracted working hours are Monday to Friday (45 hours per week / shift rota) full time and we can also accommodate part-time hours. Due to the nature of dealing with Livestock, business flexibility in hours is essential. The successful candidate should have an interest in aquatics or animal care, and be enthusiastic, hard-working, able to work at speed to meet pack out deadlines and eager to learn our protocols for excellent fish husbandry.
Full training is provided.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on approach
- Attention to Detail
- Flexibility and enthusiasm essential
- Aquatic experience (advantageous, but not essential)
Starting date: a.s.a.p
|FINANCIAL CONTROLLER||FC/CWD||december 04 2019||december 24 2019||Open/Close|
The TMC finance team comprises six staff including an accountant in Portugal. This team is responsible for managing all financial planning, processing, compliance & reporting for the company as well as reporting/providing guidance to the company’s management team.
TMC has made recent significant investments in the modernisation of our accounting software (ERP) and has successfully concluded the implementation of SAGE Business Cloud X3. We want to continue to exploit this platform and other tools to further improve our internal business processes.
Financial Controller - FULL & PART-TIME CONSIDERED
We are looking for an experienced accountant, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. One must be enthusiastic in the identification of opportunities and in the exploration of new platforms, processes and reporting tools. The role is based at our head office in Chorleywood, Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to absorb and communicate our business performance to the wider group and help find solutions supporting our financial strategy and targets. Strong people management skills are important to further develop the finance department.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments;
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts within tight deadlines;
- Monitor cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports;
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and accounting clerks;
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback;
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting and CRM systems, including benefits, cashflow and discount invoicing;
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported;
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation;
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations, including active compliance of money laundering regulations and planning annual statutory audit of accounts;
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports;
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction/profit improvement opportunities;
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies;
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations;
- Report to the Board with timely and accurate financial information;
- Assist the MD in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members;
- Have knowledge of transfer pricing arrangements;
- Experience of inter-company/cross border accounting including international VAT management and reporting as well as other compliance reporting in national and international trade;
A professional finance qualification from a recognised Chartered body (e.g. ACMA, ACCA or ACA)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a business or finance environment;
- Interest and experience in funding and business development opportunities
- Solid leadership and management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Expert using Excel including designing reports with advanced functions (Pivot tables, Macros, etc…);
- Honesty; integrity; reliability;
- High attention to detail;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills will be important;
- Understanding of corporate governance and data privacy standards/requirements;
- Fluent Spoken and written English;
Although not essential these would be beneficial to the development of the role
- Understanding of Portuguese, Spanish and German;
- Experience with Power BI and SAGE Business cloud X3 as well as other management reporting tools or ERP systems;
CLOSING DATE: 24 DECEMBER 2019